|SWEA International, Inc. (Swedish Women’s Educational Association) is a global non-profit organization for Swedish women or Swedish speaking women who live, or have lived, outside Sweden. SWEA’s mission is to promote Swedish culture and traditions. SWEA supports education through scholarships and cultural community events.The organization of SWEA International was founded 1979 in Los Angeles, USA. In 2014, SWEA International had approximately 7,400 members globally in 73 chapters in 40-plus countries on five continents. Due to its large and growing membership, SWEA has been divided into seven international regions.The SWEA Arizona chapter was founded in 1986 in Phoenix, Arizona, and is one of the 75 SWEA chapters and consists of approximately 85 members. SWEA Arizona is a member of the regional SWEA chapter VAME (Western Americas).The SWEA Arizona Scholarship/Travel Grant:This Scholarship/Travel Grant is proposed to broaden and deepen the applicant’s knowledge by formal studies, at a recognized school or higher institution of learning, in any of the following areas;- Swedish Language and Literature,- Swedish History and Culture (including Arts and Crafts, Architecture, Theatre, Music, etc.),- Swedish Business and Economics,- Swedish Technology (including Sustainability),- Swedish Social or Health Studies (Swedish Women’s Studies or Swedish Health Care, etc.)SWEA Arizona will award a scholarship / travel grant annually in the amount of $1,000. Both women and men are encouraged to apply.Applicant requirements:• Must reside in state of Arizona, USA,• Must be at least 18 years of age,• Have a demonstrated interest (and explain reason for interest) in at least one of the following areas; Swedish history, language or culture,• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0,• Include an anticipated graduation date,
• Have evidence of contact between him/her and the institution(-s) where studies will take place,
• The subject of study must already be initiated by the applicant and evidence thereof be stated in the application,
• Studies must begin by the summer or fall of the year proposed,
• Studies must be finished by June the year after,
• Must be willing to give a presentation to the SWEA Arizona chapter on his/her new findings/experience (if not possible, other arrangements may be made with the committee),
• Must account for his/her use of the scholarship money (this should be done in writing to the Scholarship Committee),
• Cannot be a SWEA member, nor be closely related to a SWEA member.
Application for the academic year 2016-2017:
Application must be mailed to the Scholarship Committee no later than April 1, 2016. The award of the Scholarship/Travel Grant will be announced on or around April 20, 2016. Studies for the applicant’s project should begin during the summer or fall of 2016.
The SWEA Arizona Chapter
SWEA Arizona Scholarship Committee 2016:
arizonaswea(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com
Arizona › Scholarship